Shrimp and Fontina Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces fontina cheese, cubed
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, Cajun seasoning and pepper. Add shrimp, a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook shrimp in oil in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with prosciutto. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add onions and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add cream and fontina cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in peppers. Pour over prosciutto. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp and Fontina Casserole(2)
Sort By :
This is an easy recipe to make and it tastes wonderful. I halved the recipe because we are only two and it still was great.
This looks amazing! I wonder if you could substitute the ham for bacon? I also would not use fontina as I don't personaly care for it. I would use a light white chedder. Thank you this wonderful recipe
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >