Shrimp and Feta Linguine Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups sliced plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the shrimp, onion and garlic in oil for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 2. Add the tomatoes, wine or broth, tomato paste, oregano, salt and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup shrimp mixture with 3/4 cup linguine equals 348 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 576 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Shrimp and Feta Linguine
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.