Shrimp and Crab Salad
For an impressive salad , try this tasty mixture of hearty shrimp and crabmeat with a creamy dressing. "one of my favorite Aunts gave me the recipe for this seafood salad," writes Melissa Stroupe of Stanley, North Carolina. "I'm lucky to come from a family of great cooks."
9 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Leaf lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl,
- combine the mayonnaise, horseradish and seasoned salt; mix well. Add
- to the shrimp mixture and stir well. Cover and refrigerate. Serve on
- a lettuce-lined plate. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 223 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 964 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.