For an impressive salad , try this tasty mixture of hearty shrimp and crabmeat with a creamy dressing. "one of my favorite Aunts gave me the recipe for this seafood salad," writes Melissa Stroupe of Stanley, North Carolina. "I'm lucky to come from a family of great cooks."
- 2 pounds cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Leaf lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish and seasoned salt; mix well. Add to the shrimp mixture and stir well. Cover and refrigerate. Serve on a lettuce-lined plate. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp and Crab Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p16
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp and Crab Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review