Shrimp and Cheddar Snacks
Field editor Margery Bryan of Royal City, Washington cautions, "This is an appetizer you can't stop eating!"
21 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (6 ounces) broken shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 42 slices snack rye bread, toasted
- Combine cheese, mayonnaise, shrimp, onion and garlic powder; mix
- well. Spread 1 tablespoon over each slice of bread; place on
- ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until
- bubbly. Serve hot. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 159 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.