Shrimp and Avocado Salsa Recipe
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp, chopped
- 5 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Tostones or tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 13 ingredients. Serve immediately with tostones. Yield: 8 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without tostones) equals 42 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.