Shrimp and Avocado Salsa
For a salsa with lots of texture, color and mouthwatering taste, look no further! A medley of chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, cucumber, onion and cilantro are tossed in lime juice and perked up with a blend of mild spices.
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp, chopped
- 5 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Tostones or tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 13 ingredients. Serve immediately
- with tostones. Yield: 8 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without tostones) equals 42 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry