For a salsa with lots of texture, color and mouthwatering taste, look no further! A medley of chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, cucumber, onion and cilantro are tossed in lime juice and perked up with a blend of mild spices.
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp, chopped
- 5 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Tostones or tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 13 ingredients. Serve immediately with tostones. Yield: 8 cups.
Originally published as Shrimp Salsa in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p101
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Shrimp and Avocado Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review