Shrimp and Asparagus Penne Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute asparagus in butter for 4 minutes. Add shrimp; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and cream until smooth; gradually add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
- 3. Remove from the heat. Drain pasta; toss with shrimp mixture and sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
2 cup: 417 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 199mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2-1/2 starch, 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 2 fat
Reviews for Shrimp and Asparagus Penne
"Wow! Very simple and easy. My two and four year old loved this recipe. I will make 1/2 the recipe next time, too much food for one meal. The plus side is leftovers for work:)"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.