- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in cream. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the shrimp, cheese, garlic and pepper; cook and stir until heated through. Drain fettuccine; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forShrimp Alfredo
"Best and easiest alfredo sauce to make, I use this recipe when making a white sauce for pizza, too."
"Great recipe! I did add extra pepper, a 1/2 tsp of nutmeg and extra cheese. Will definitely make again!"
"A restaurant quality recipe."
"Will make again."
"add a little freshly grated nutmeg to the sauce!!"
"Needed a a different Shrimp recipe for Lent. This recipe was delicious!!Will definitely make it again."
"My family requests this recipe all the time. I double the recipe so it makes enough for my teenage boys to have seconds."
"My family loved it! Made it exactly as recipe says. Will definately make again."
"I found this delightfully simple recipe to be exactly what I was looking for. Makes me wish I had a bigger stomach!!"