Shrimp Alfredo Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in cream. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 2. Add the shrimp, cheese, garlic and pepper; cook and stir until heated through. Drain fettuccine; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 794 calories, 52 g fat (31 g saturated fat), 337 mg cholesterol, 616 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp Alfredo
"Great recipe! I did add extra pepper, a 1/2 tsp of nutmeg and extra cheese. Will definitely make again!"
"A restaurant quality recipe."
"Will make again."
"add a little freshly grated nutmeg to the sauce!!"
"Very quick and easy to make, and delicious. My whole family loved it. I served it with steamed broccoli and asparagus to help soak up the sauce. Will make again."
"Needed a a different Shrimp recipe for Lent. This recipe was delicious!!Will definitely make it again."
"My family requests this recipe all the time. I double the recipe so it makes enough for my teenage boys to have seconds."
"My family loved it! Made it exactly as recipe says. Will definately make again."
"I found this delightfully simple recipe to be exactly what I was looking for. Makes me wish I had a bigger stomach!!"
"So easy to make and VERY delicious! I added a little bit more Parmesan than required ;o)"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.