Instead of buying a jar of Alfredo sauce, make it from scratch with this simple recipe. The garlic aroma will call your family to the table.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in cream. Bring
- to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes,
- stirring constantly.
- Add the shrimp, cheese, garlic and pepper; cook and stir until heated
- through. Drain fettuccine; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with
- parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 794 calories, 52 g fat (31 g saturated fat), 337 mg cholesterol, 616 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.