- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain; return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended; gradually stir in cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in shrimp, lemon peel and lemon juice; cook 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in cheese and parsley. Add to fettuccine; toss to combine. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Alfredo Fettuccine in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shrimp Alfredo Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2016
"Made this as directed. Only Change was used jarred minced garlic. Was way good will make again."