- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in cream. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the shrimp, cheese, garlic and pepper; cook and stir until heated through. Drain fettuccine; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shrimp Alfredo
Sort By :
"Will make again."
"add a little freshly grated nutmeg to the sauce!!"
"Very quick and easy to make, and delicious. My whole family loved it. I served it with steamed broccoli and asparagus to help soak up the sauce. Will make again."
"Needed a a different Shrimp recipe for Lent. This recipe was delicious!!Will definitely make it again."
"My family requests this recipe all the time. I double the recipe so it makes enough for my teenage boys to have seconds."