Shrimp 'n' Veggie Pizza Recipe
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and halved lengthwise
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, saute onion, mushrooms, asparagus and garlic in oil until almost tender. Add shrimp; cook until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Place the crust on a pizza pan or baking sheet. Spread with pizza sauce. Top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
1 slice: 215 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 426mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat
Reviews for Shrimp 'n' Veggie Pizza
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.