Shrimp 'n' Veggie Pizza
Just 30 minutes are all you’ll need to put together this simple colorful pizza. “It’s a great way to use up leftover shrimp and veggies,” attests Terri Webber of Miami, Florida.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled, deveined and halved lengthwise
Create an impressive party platter with Daily Chef Shrimp.
Learn More >
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion, mushrooms, asparagus and garlic
- in oil until almost tender. Add shrimp; cook until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from the heat.
- Place the crust on a pizza pan or baking sheet. Spread with pizza
- sauce. Top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at
- 450° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 215 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 426 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat,