Bonnie Jost of Manitowoc, Wisconsin relies on a jar of store-bought Alfredo sauce to toss together this pretty pasta dish. The effortless entree includes fresh shrimp and colorful veggies for ectra eye appeal.
Recommended: 40 Light-ish Recipes That Don't Skimp on Cheese
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Alfredo sauce, warmed
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the peas, red pepper, carrots and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil until crisp-tender; remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to skillet. Saute shrimp in oil until shrimp turn pink. Return vegetables to pan; mix well. Drain pasta. Place pasta on six dinner plates. Drizzle with Alfredo sauce and top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp N Veggie Alfredo in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p11