- 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add rice; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Carefully stir in 1 cup heated broth. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow liquid to absorb between additions. Cook just until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add the spinach, shrimp, cheese and pepper; cook and stir until spinach is wilted and shrimp are heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp 'n' Spinach Risotto
Sort By :
"I have never made risotto before and this was delicious and on the easier side to make too! Would definitely recommend!!"
"Delicious! I made this without the mushrooms (KIDS!). Was a little leery of serving to family because they can be picky about rice too. They gave it "thumbs up". I did add a little sherry to the risotto and that added a nice compliment to the shrimp. Glad I didn't add any extra salt (thought about it) because this was pleasantly salted even using the low sodium broth. Best part is that it was a one pot meal. This is staying in my recipe box for sure!"
"This is a fantastic recipe. The first time I made it I left out the mushrooms and messed up the rice. It still turned out fantastic. Half of the rice was a less than cooked and we ate it anyway. That's how good it is. I made it again, didn't mess up the rice, left out the pasta and substituted low-fat feta for the Parmesan. It was still awesome. Make this Risotto. You won't be sorry."
"This is a very tasty recipe. I substituted fresh snap peas for the spinach."