Shrimp 'n' Snow Pea Wrap-Ups
Earnestine Jackson, Beaumont, Texas
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + marinating
- 1 cup oil and vinegar salad dressing
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 36)
- 2 cups water
- 4 ounces fresh snow peas (about 36)
- In a large bowl, combine the salad dressing, ginger and garlic. Stir
- in shrimp; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add snow peas;
- cover and boil for 1 minute. Drain and immediately place peas in ice
- water; drain and pat dry.
- Drain and discard marinade. Wrap a snow pea around each shrimp;
- secure with a toothpick. Chill until serving. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.