Shrimp 'n' Slaw Puffs
Cole slaw mix and bottled dressing cut the prep time for this colorful and delicious salad to practically nothing! That leaves you more time to set a pretty luncheon table, pick some fresh flowers or visit with summertime guests, suggests our Test Kitchen.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined and chopped
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup coleslaw salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cream puff shells
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, coleslaw mix, onion and yellow
- pepper. In a small bowl, combine the coleslaw dressing, capers,
- dill, salt and pepper. Pour over shrimp mixture and gently toss to
- Refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, spoon 1/2 cup shrimp
- salad into each cream puff; replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 371 calories, 23 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 247 mg cholesterol, 920 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a