Shrimp 'n' Slaw Puffs Recipe
Cole slaw mix and bottled dressing cut the prep time for this colorful and delicious salad to practically nothing! That leaves you more time to set a pretty luncheon table, pick some fresh flowers or visit with summertime guests, suggests our Test Kitchen.
- 1/2 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined and chopped
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup coleslaw salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cream puff shells
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, coleslaw mix, onion and yellow pepper. In a small bowl, combine the coleslaw dressing, capers, dill, salt and pepper. Pour over shrimp mixture and gently toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, spoon 1/2 cup shrimp salad into each cream puff; replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp 'n' Slaw Puffs in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p55
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp 'n' Slaw Puffs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Salads >
- Sandwich Salad Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Shrimp Pasta Recipes >
- Shrimp Recipes >