Shrimp 'n' Shells Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, for dressing, combine the mayonnaise, cheese, buttermilk, onion, parsley, basil, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor; cover and process until blended.
- 2. Drain the pasta and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, shrimp, peas, pimientos, tomato and onions. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup: 191 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 477mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Shrimp 'n' Shells Salad
"I had cut this out years ago and finally tried it last month. It is fantastic! Will be making it again soon."
"I have made this recipe for about two years now...IT IS TO DIE FOR!!! Glad I am finally able to rate it! My guests always want me to share this recipe...and those who come often ASK me to make it again!!! I have friends who visit yearly from Canada who ask me make a double batch so we can enjoy the leftovers for a couple of days...I have not changed anything in the directions or ingredients!!! Inese, in WIlliamsburg,VA"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.