Shrimp 'n' Shells Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, for dressing, combine the mayonnaise, cheese, buttermilk, onion, parsley, basil, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor; cover and process until blended.
- 2. Drain the pasta and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, shrimp, peas, pimientos, tomato and onions. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 191 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Shrimp 'n' Shells Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.