Shrimp 'n' Scallops Tropical Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons diced peeled mango
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh pineapple
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mango chutney
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon lime juice
- Dash salt
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 6 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 sea scallops, halved
- 1. Place the first eight ingredients in a blender. Cover and process until blended; set aside. Divide the lettuce, cucumber, avocado, nuts, onion and cilantro between two serving plates.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine oil and jerk seasoning. Thread shrimp and scallops onto two metal or soaked wooden skewers; brush with oil mixture.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque. Place on salads; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 413 calories, 32 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 523 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp 'n' Scallops Tropical Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.