Shrimp 'n' Rice Wraps Recipe
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons clam juice
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 pound fresh snow peas
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 8 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Dash salt
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, clam juice, water, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and sherry or broth until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry mushrooms and peas in canola oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the shrimp, ginger and garlic; stir-fry until shrimp turn pink.
- 3. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cilantro, pepper, sesame seeds and salt.
- 4. Remove from the heat. Spoon rice down the center of each tortilla; top with shrimp mixture and roll up. Yield: 2 servings.
1 wrap equals 556 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 899 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.