- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons clam juice
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 pound fresh snow peas
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 8 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Dash salt
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, clam juice, water, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and sherry or broth until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry mushrooms and peas in canola oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the shrimp, ginger and garlic; stir-fry until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cilantro, pepper, sesame seeds and salt.
- Remove from the heat. Spoon rice down the center of each tortilla; top with shrimp mixture and roll up. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp 'n' Rice Wraps in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p53
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp 'n' Rice Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >