Shrimp 'n' Mushroom Lettuce Wraps Recipe
“Here's a simple recipe for lettuce wraps that's a nutritious option for a luncheon or dinner party,” says Mary Beth Vultee, Ocean Beach, North Carolina. For fun, serve the filling on a platter with lettuce leaves on the side, and let your guests wrap their own.
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon honey
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) portobello mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- 8 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- For sauce, in a blender, combine the first 10 ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, saute shrimp in 1 teaspoon canola oil for 4-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and red onion in remaining oil for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Return shrimp to the pan. Add bean sprouts, cilantro and basil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Remove from the heat; stir in green onions and peanuts. Divide among lettuce leaves; drizzle each with 1 tablespoon sauce. Fold lettuce over filling. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp 'n' Mushroom Lettuce Wraps in Country Woman March/April 2007, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp 'n' Mushroom Lettuce Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2011
Excellent....there were NO leftovers!