It’s not spicy, but this chili is sure to warm you up during those cold winter evenings. “Since this recipe calls for precooked shrimp and canned goods, it is very quick to prepare,“ explains Elizabeth Hunt of Kirbyville, Texas.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, broth, picante sauce, cumin and basil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Add shrimp; simmer 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp 'n' Black Bean Chili in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p25
Reviews for Shrimp 'n' Black Bean Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review