- 4 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 8 medium), cut into wedges
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 pound fresh peas, shelled (about 1 cup)
- 2 pounds uncooked shell-on shrimp (26-30 per pound), deveined
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 8 cups)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a stockpot, combine the first five ingredients; add potatoes, cauliflower, onions, carrots and peas. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in shrimp and spinach; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Drain; transfer to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with parsley; season with salt and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp & Vegetable Boil
"This was good. I omitted the salt and nutmeg and used 1 tablespoon of Boston Bay seasoning instead. It was so simple to put together and cooked in a flash. Thanks for the recipe."