Shrimp & Tortellini in Tomato Cream Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 pound uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan and Romano cheese blend
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 10 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Shredded Parmesan cheese and minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook shrimp in 2 teaspoons oil until shrimp turn pink. Stir in the lemon peel, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and pepper flakes. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook shallots in remaining oil over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the tomatoes, clam juice, wine, vinegar, thyme and remaining pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; discard thyme sprigs. Stir in the cheese, cream, basil, chives and shrimp.
- Drain tortellini; stir into shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shrimp & Tortellini in Tomato Cream(15)
Sort By :
This is a great Tomato base recipe with or without the shrimp. Cheese ravioli would also work instead of the tortellini. Rather than using the clam juice I made a shrimp stock from the shells of the shrimp.
I've made this several times and my FAMILY loves it!
This was an easy dish to make, absolutely delicious!
I thought this was good, but my husband and daughter did not like it. I thought the flavor was good but I don't think I would say it was something out of an Italian restaurant.
I will definitely make this dish again. My husband and I agreed it reminded us of a meal in a fine restaurant.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >