- turn pink. Stir in the lemon peel, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and pepper
- flakes. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook shallots in remaining oil over low heat for
- 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the tomatoes, clam juice, wine, vinegar, thyme and remaining
- pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about
- 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; discard thyme sprigs. Stir in the
- cheese, cream, basil, chives and shrimp.
- Drain tortellini; stir into shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with shredded
- cheese and parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups (calculated without shredded cheese) equals 449 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 182 mg cholesterol, 723 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.