- and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook shallots in remaining oil over low heat for
- 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the tomatoes, clam juice, wine, vinegar and thyme. Bring to a
- boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Remove
- from the heat; discard thyme sprigs. Stir in the cheese blend,
- cream, basil, chives and shrimp.
- Drain tortellini; stir into shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with shredded
- cheese and parsley if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups (calculated without shredded cheese) equals 448 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 182 mg cholesterol, 722 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.