Shrimp & Tortellini in Tomato Cream for Two Recipe
- 3 cups refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan and Romano cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 5 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Shredded Parmesan cheese and minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet, cook shrimp in 1 teaspoon oil until shrimp turn pink. Stir in the lemon peel, pepper and pepper flakes. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook shallots in remaining oil over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Add the tomatoes, clam juice, wine, vinegar and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; discard thyme sprigs. Stir in the cheese blend, cream, basil, chives and shrimp.
- 4. Drain tortellini; stir into shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and parsley if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 448 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 182mg cholesterol, 722mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp & Tortellini in Tomato Cream for Two
"Used chicken broth instead of clam juice. Would add more pepper flakes next time. Servings for 2 are VERY large servings."
"It was very easy and very good. I toned down the red pepper because we don't like spicy, hot foods and it was perfect, just a touch of spice. Will definately make again."
"I didn't add chives because I forgot to pick them up at the grocery, but otherwise followed the recipe! It was absolutely delicious! Even just the shrimp alone had a fantastic flavor. I kept nibbling on them while I was preparing the rest of the recipe! It was fairly quick and easy to make, and I will certainly make it again."
"This is a good recipe but I use this as one of my "go to" quick and easy dinners. I use a jarred low-sodium tomato sauce and cooked frozen shrimp. I also use frozen tortellini. I defrost peel and cut the shrimp up into medium size chunks and then just quickly heat them up in the prepared sauce. I usually add a bit of red pepper flakes to spice it up and red wine before I add the non-fat half&half. Add a salad and you have an easy quick meal."
"I reversed the cooking process, adding the raw shrimp at the end so they absorb more of the tomato mixture flavor, then finished with the half n half"
"I am allergic to tomatoes, I left them out and it was still very tasty."