Shrimp & Tomato Linguine Toss Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/3 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Additional minced fresh basil, optional
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook shrimp and garlic in oil over medium heat until shrimp turn pink. Add the tomatoes, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Drain linguine; toss with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with feta and additional basil if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 376 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 611 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.