Shrimp & Tomato Linguine Toss Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/3 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Additional minced fresh basil, optional
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook shrimp and garlic in oil over medium heat until shrimp turn pink. Add the tomatoes, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Drain linguine; toss with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with feta and additional basil if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 376 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 611 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp & Tomato Linguine Toss
"So easy and delicious. Doesn't need any changes"
"Great taste, simple and quck to prepare. i added zucchini and green pappers. Will definitely make again."
"Delicious! A big hit!"
"Absolutely delicious! The smells that were in my house as we were cooking this were absolutely mouth watering. I used Tomatoes with Italian seasoning, as I couldn't find the fire roasted ones.Will definitely be in my dinner rotation."
"So simple and delicious."
"LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS RECIPE!!! I did sub out chicken instead of the shrimp as I'm not a big seafood in pasta person. But this sauce is AMAZING!!!! So flavorful and lite!! I did ad a little more garlic than it stated and I also added some red pepper too so it gave it a little zip! Definately wrote this one down on a recipe card...its a keeper!"
"Easy and Tasty!"
"Delicious recipe - so quick and easy! We make this often."
"I added more shrimp and used cooked shrimp because that's what I had on hand. I might try adding scallops next time."
"I made this while camping and it turned out great! It is a very easy and fast meal to create."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.