These skewers make romantic picnic food. I perfected them for a date with my wife. We like them with couscous and a glass of chilled wine. —Paul Wargaski, Chicago, Illinois
Recommended: What to Make for Dinner When Your Fridge is Bare
- 3/4 pound sweet potatoes (about 2 small), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 12 uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Hot cooked couscous
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place sweet potatoes in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Mix 1 tablespoons oil, rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon paprika; drizzle over potatoes. Toss to coat. Roast 25-35 minutes or just until just tender, stirring occasionally.
- On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp and sweet potatoes; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk lemon juice and the remaining oil and paprika until blended. Serve skewers with couscous and drizzle with lemon mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp & Sweet Potato Skewers in Taste of Home April/May 2016, p61
Reviews for Shrimp & Sweet Potato Skewers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review