- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 small head bok choy
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chow mein noodles
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. Cut off and discard root end of bok choy, leaving stalks with leaves. Cut leaves from stalks. Slice leaves; set aside. Slice stalks.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 1 tablespoon oil until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry the ginger, garlic and pepper flakes in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add the onion, mushrooms and bok choy stalks; stir-fry for 4 minutes. Add bok choy leaves; stir-fry 2-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add shrimp; heat through. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp & Shiitake Stir-Fry with Crispy Noodles
Sort By :
Great flavors. I did use the cashews instead of crispy rice noodles. I agree with other reviewers that this took way too long to make. Prep was closer to an hour for me, so I doubt I'll be making it again.
It takes a long time to make this.
Could not find Bok Choy at our grocers the day I prepared this dish, so substituted celery and spinach. Delicious!! Its definitely a keeper!! Also added some water chestnuts and snowpeas for extra vegetables.
wasn't a huge fan of the shitake mushrooms next time I will probably it with regular mushrooms
Fast, easy, deliscious!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >