Shrimp & Grits
"We often serve this Carolina Low Country favorite at our family's restaurant, Fresh House, in Albermarle, North Carolina," says Robin Hinson. "I've scaled our jumbo-sized version of the recipe down to feed a family."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken base or chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned grits
- 1/2 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 4-1/2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- In a large saucepan, bring water and chicken base to a boil. Slowly
- stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until
- thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients until blended and
- heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 269 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 499 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.