Shrimp & Grits Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken base or chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned grits
- 1/2 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 4-1/2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and chicken base to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients until blended and heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 269 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 499mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Shrimp & Grits
"simply delicious and very easy to make"
"I doubled the amount of shrimp and I also added about 1 Tbsp of dry onion soup mix because I didn't have any chives. The onion soup mix gave it a little extra boost that I really liked!"