"We often serve this Carolina Low Country favorite at our family's restaurant, Fresh House, in Albermarle, North Carolina," says Robin Hinson. "I've scaled our jumbo-sized version of the recipe down to feed a family."
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken base or chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned grits
- 1/2 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 4-1/2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- In a large saucepan, bring water and chicken base to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients until blended and heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp & Grits in Country Woman
Reviews for Shrimp & Grits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2013
"simply delicious and very easy to make"
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2011
"I doubled the amount of shrimp and I also added about 1 Tbsp of dry onion soup mix because I didn't have any chives. The onion soup mix gave it a little extra boost that I really liked!"