Shrimp & Grits Recipe
"We often serve this Carolina Low Country favorite at our family's restaurant, Fresh House, in Albermarle, North Carolina," says Robin Hinson. "I've scaled our jumbo-sized version of the recipe down to feed a family."
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken base or chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned grits
- 1/2 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 4-1/2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- In a large saucepan, bring water and chicken base to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients until blended and heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp & Grits in Country Woman
Reviews for Shrimp & Grits(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2013
simply delicious and very easy to make
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2011
I doubled the amount of shrimp and I also added about 1 Tbsp of dry onion soup mix because I didn't have any chives. The onion soup mix gave it a little extra boost that I really liked!
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cajun Side Dishes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Grains Side Dish Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Side Dishes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >