I love the contrasting tastes and textures of these rounds. Each bite balances the refreshing burst and crunch of cucumber with the rich flavor and creaminess of the filling.—Donna Pochoday, Morristown, New Jersey
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup peeled and deveined cooked small shrimp (about 6 ounces), chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 2 large English cucumbers, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Fresh dill sprigs or additional chopped roasted sweet red peppers, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the first six ingredients until blended. Stir in shrimp and red pepper. Place about 2 teaspoons shrimp mixture on each cucumber slice. Refrigerate until serving. If desired, top with dill before serving. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Shrimp & Feta Cucumber Rounds in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Shrimp & Feta Cucumber Rounds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2015
"Not as good as I had hoped. I would use less fresh dill next time as that is all I am tasting right now. It needs something else but not quite sure what."