- and half of the green onions; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in
- flour until blended; gradually whisk in broth and milk. Bring to a
- boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- Stir in shrimp and sausage; cook for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn
- pink. Serve with grits; top with tomato and remaining green onion.
- Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup shrimp mixture with 3/4 cup grits equals 367 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 161 mg cholesterol, 810 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.