Shrimp are thought of as a fancy, expensive item, so I enjoy serving it to guests, but I also enjoy serving it to my hubby. This recipe makes any day special, and you don't even need a candle! —Betty Anderson, Cokato, Minnesota
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 3 teaspoons oil for 1-2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add the butter, wine, cheese, salt and pepper. Drain pasta; add to skillet. Stir in shrimp; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp & Broccoli with Pasta in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p66
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shrimp & Broccoli with Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review