- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 3 teaspoons oil for 1-2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add the butter, wine, cheese, salt and pepper. Drain pasta; add to skillet. Stir in shrimp; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shrimp & Broccoli with Pasta
"The idea is quite good but.....BUTTER AND PARMESAN CHEESE ON A SEAFOOD pasta??? Pleeeeeease!!"
"I have made this several times.Easy,quick and delicious!"
"My Dad had his 52nd birthday today and we made this for him! He loved it! It was So good!"
"This is excellent. It is easy to make and you can stir fry while the pasta cooks, so it is very efficient for time.To reduce sodium content, I used unalted butter (have also used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter), used the white wine and 1/4 tsp of salt.I have tried other vegetables such as asparagus and zucchini.My family loves this dish."
"I have not made this recipe, but with the number of calories and sodium, I hesitate to try it. The combination sounds good though (shrimp/broccoli/pasta)."