These spring rolls are stuffed with an assortment of fixings, such as spinach, carrots, artichokes and cilantro. Even those who don't usually care for shrimp can't get enough of these fun snacks.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- SPRING ROLLS:
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked peeled shrimp
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or hot pepper sauce
- 4 cups fresh spinach, shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 8 spring roll wrappers or rice papers (8 inches)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, artichokes, lemon juice, ginger and chili sauce. In another bowl, combine the spinach, carrots and cilantro; set aside.
- Soak each spring roll wrapper in cool water for 1 minute; place on a flat surface. Place 1/3 cup shrimp mixture and 1/2 cup spinach mixture down the center of each wrapper to within 1-1/2 in. of ends.
- Fold both ends over filling; fold one long side over the filling, then carefully roll up tightly. Place seam side down on a serving plate. Cover with damp paper towels until serving. Serve with aioli. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp & Artichoke Spring Rolls with Lemon Aioli in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p146
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp & Artichoke Spring Rolls with Lemon Aioli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review