Shredded Turkey Sandwiches Recipe
From Mount Joy, Pennsylvania, Kathy Nissley suggests, “This is a great recipe for extra chicken or turkey after holiday dinners.”
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cooked turkey
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute the onion in butter. Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Fold in turkey; cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 479 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 1,321 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC