Shredded Steak Sandwiches Recipe
- 3 pounds beef top round steak, cut into large pieces
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 12 to 14 sandwich rolls, split
- Place meat in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add onions and celery. In a bowl, combine the ketchup, water, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, salt, mustard, paprika, chili powder, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours. Remove meat; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks. Return to the slow cooker and heat through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Shredded Steak Sandwiches
Sort By :
I just tried this recipe and thought it was quite good. I would make it again.
No offense intended but i keep wondering if those chefs know how polluted the oceans are?
According to my reading, every body needs a certain amt. of sodium. I am allergic to it so do not add any unless I bake a cake. Use it or not, it's up to your taste buds. All the chefs on the Food Network suggest using Kosher salt or Sea salt because it does not have the nasty chemicals in it. Stop belittleing recipes until you try them, not just read them.
Worcestershire sauce and ketchup don't replace adding salt-where did you get that idea?