Shredded Potato Casserole
This potato dish is perfect with prime rib and many other entrees. Make it ahead and have it ready to pop into the oven for the party. The topping of cornflake crumbs and Parmesan cheese adds crunch. —Paula Zsiray, Logan, Utah
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, milk, cheddar cheese
- and 1/4 cup butter. Stir in the hash browns. Transfer to a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, Parmesan cheese and
- remaining butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 325°
- for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 387 calories, 23 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 631 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.