Shredded Potato Casserole Recipe
This potato dish is perfect with prime rib and many other entrees. Make it ahead and have it ready to pop into the oven for the party. The topping of cornflake crumbs and Parmesan cheese adds crunch. —Paula Zsiray, Logan, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, milk, cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup butter. Stir in the hash browns. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, Parmesan cheese and remaining butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 387 calories, 23 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 631 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC