Shredded Potato Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, milk, cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup butter. Stir in the hash browns. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, Parmesan cheese and remaining butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Shredded Potato Casserole
Sort By :
"I had to make some changes due to not having everything. Instead of sour cream, I used a can of cheddar cheese soup. Instead of shredded cheddar cheese, I used mozzarella. Instead of the cornflakes, I topped it with crushed potato chips, Parmesan cheese, and then drizzled the melted butter on top. This was wonderful!!!! I will make it again, with the changes I made."
"I love these potatoes, the recipe is perfect the way it is. I like them much better than scalloped or au gratin potatoes."
"Delicious side dish! I used extra cornflake crumbs and Parmesan because there was too little to save. That was a mistake, I actually ended up with too much topping and had to scrape some off."
"This was a great side dish! Was looking for a different way to prepare potatoes and this was it. I made it exactly as described. Very good!"
"I've made this every year for Christmas since it was published in TOH to go with our Ham. Great recipe, highly recommended."