Shredded Potato Cakes Recipe
Preparing traditional potato pancakes can be a time-consuming process...so you'll really relish this recipe. By using frozen hash browns, these "spudtacular" hot-off-the-griddle pancakes are ready in a hurry!
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil
- 1. Place hash browns in a strainer and rinse with cold water until thawed. Drain thoroughly; transfer to a large bowl. Add onion, parsley, milk, eggs, flour and salt; mix well. In a skillet over medium heat, heat 1/4 in. of oil. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 199 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 638 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC