Shredded Potato Cakes
Preparing traditional potato pancakes can be a time-consuming process...so you'll really relish this recipe. By using frozen hash browns, these "spudtacular" hot-off-the-griddle pancakes are ready in a hurry!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil
- Place hash browns in a strainer and rinse with cold water until
- thawed. Drain thoroughly; transfer to a large bowl. Add onion,
- parsley, milk, eggs, flour and salt; mix well. In a skillet over
- medium heat, heat 1/4 in. of oil. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into
- hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper
- towels. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 199 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 638 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.