- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil
- Place hash browns in a strainer and rinse with cold water until thawed. Drain thoroughly; transfer to a large bowl. Add onion, parsley, milk, eggs, flour and salt; mix well. In a skillet over medium heat, heat 1/4 in. of oil. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Shredded Potato Cakes
Sort By :
My family loved these cakes.Would make again.
I love potato pancakes but never made them. This sounds great! Will try.
These are great! Instead of thawed hash browns I used a bag of "Simply Potatoes." I used green onions and dried parsley, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. These are excellent topped with applesauce. My husband and my daughter loved them.