Shredded Pork with Beans Recipe
"A friend gave me this recipe, which my sons say is a keeper," relates Sarah Johnston of Lincoln, Nebraska. For a change of pace, spoon the tasty filling into soft tortillas.
- 3 pork tenderloin (1 pound each), cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) picante sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, place the pork, beans and picante sauce. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until pork is tender. Shred pork; return to slow cooker. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Shredded Pork with Beans in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Shredded Pork with Beans(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Pork Tenderloin Recipes >