Shredded Pork with Beans Recipe
- 3 pounds prok tenderloin, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) picante sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, place the pork, beans and picante sauce. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until pork is tender. Shred pork; return to slow cooker. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup without rice equals 207 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 595 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Shredded Pork with Beans
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.