Shredded Pork with Beans Recipe
- 3 pounds prok tenderloin, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) picante sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, place the pork, beans and picante sauce. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until pork is tender. Shred pork; return to slow cooker. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup without rice: 207 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 595mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Shredded Pork with Beans
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.