Shredded Pork with Beans
"A friend gave me this recipe, which my sons say is a keeper," relates Sarah Johnston of Lincoln, Nebraska. For a change of pace, spoon the tasty filling into soft tortillas.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 3 pork tenderloin (1 pound each), cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) picante sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, place the pork, beans and picante sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until pork is tender. Shred
- pork; return to slow cooker. Serve with rice if desired. Yield:
- 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 91 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.