A friend gave me this recipe, which my sons say is a keeper. For a change of pace, spoon the tasty filling into soft tortillas. —Sarah Johnston, Lincoln, Nebraska
Featured In: 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes
- 3 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) picante sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, place the pork, beans and picante sauce. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until pork is tender. Shred pork; return to slow cooker. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Shredded Pork with Beans in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p49
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Shredded Pork with Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review