Shredded Pork Tacos Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 4 flour tortillas (7 inches), warmed
- Shredded lettuce and chopped tomato, optional
- 1. In a skillet, brown pork in oil. Remove from pan and keep warm. In same skillet, saute onion and garlic in drippings until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, chilies, chili powder, salt, oregano, cumin and pepper. Add pork; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until pork is tender.
- 2. Cool slightly; shred with two forks. Return to sauce; heat through. Serve in tortillas with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 429 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 1668mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 41g protein.
Reviews for Shredded Pork Tacos
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.