I used to make a similar recipe with beef, but I switched to pork when we lived in Singapore for 3 years. Beef was expensive and not very good there. We like it so much with pork, we never switched back.
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 4 flour tortillas (7 inches), warmed
- Shredded lettuce and chopped tomato, optional
- In a skillet, brown pork in oil. Remove from pan and keep warm. In same skillet, saute onion and garlic in drippings until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, chilies, chili powder, salt, oregano, cumin and pepper. Add pork; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Cool slightly; shred with two forks. Return to sauce; heat through. Serve in tortillas with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Shredded Pork Tacos in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p188
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Shredded Pork Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review